Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dan's Computer Tip #3: Spybot Search and Destroy


3D Spybot2.0 StartCenter2 300x271 Spybot 2 now available.

Spybot Search and Destroy is one of my favorite programs of all time. Like many of you, I spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet. Mostly researching, but I do plenty of surfing and socializing too. The biggest problem is all of the spyware that is out there. All trying to track your every move and report back to the mother ship.
This isn't all necessarily bad. Relevant ads are better than stuff you will never need. Or ever want to see. But the tracking cookies and other spyware the various sites you visit place on your system don't always play nice.

Spyware being installed on your system can cause your system to slow way down. I myself don't understand how I can garnish dozens of tracking cookies and hundreds of temporary files from a simple session where I only visited a handful of sites. I am wondering if a substantial number of  these are coming from my Google searches.

I might should start surfing anonymously and maybe look into some of the alternative search engines. I have just become accustomed to using Google for most of my research. Luckily I have Spybot S&D to help me keep all of this chaos in check.

A good antivirus program should keep your system relatively free of infections, no one program can protect you against everything. Spybot S&D helps keep certain malware at bay. Even if your antivirus system is performing more than adequately most antivirus systems ignore tracking cookies and certain other spyware. That is why I use and recommend Spybot S&D to everyone.

Spybot Search & Destroy is part of my triumvirate of must have programs on every Windows computer. The other two of course are the subjects of my first two tips. See my posts on Cleaning Your System and Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus. I can't see operating a windows system without these three and put all three on the top of my list of recommendations.

 For instructions on how to install and use Spybot Search & Destroy, check out these links:



For additional information on Spybot Search & Destroy, check out these links:




No comments:

Post a Comment